Seven of the best articles I’ve come across in the last two weeks:
- John Rapley – ‘How economics became a religion’ – The Guardian.
Insightful article on how economics has taken the place of religion in 21st Century Britain.
- Matthew Hosier – ‘We’ve been here before’ – Think Theology.
A compelling dissection of the Transgender phenomenon by social critic Camille Paglia.
- Brandon Tucker – ‘Creatures in the Cosmos’ – First Things.
How the vastness of space reveals the limitations of mankind.
- Albert Mohler – ‘Religious Freedom and Discrimination: Why the debate continues’ – The Gospel Coalition.
Excellent review of ‘Debating Religious Liberty and Discrimination’ by Anderson, Corvino, and Gergis.
- Mark Bäuerlein – ‘Facebook as Church’ – First Things.
A timely critique of Mark Zuckerberg’s flawed vision of Facebook replacing church community.
- Joe Carter – ‘How to make a pro-life argument at Google’ – The Gospel Coalition.
Stephanie Grey of the Canadian Centre for Bio-Ethical Reform advocates a compassionate yet uncompromising approach in the contemporary abortion debate.
- Ryan Avent – ‘Escape to another world’ – The Economist 1843 Magazine.
A look at how video games have displaced relationships, careers and hobbies in many young men’s lives.